Since the last three days have been a whirlwind of squeals and happiness…I have started thinking about all the things that make me giddy in life. Tim always says that one of his favorite things about me is how excited I get over the “little things” although he hates it when we are driving and I gasp over a sale at Pier 1 Imports. photo found here
Want to know some more things than make me go “Ohhhh”
– the first firefly of the summer
– the paper aisle at craft stores
– seeing a Cardinal (the bird) fly
– when pizza is extra cheesy
– catching an episode of Law & Order that I haven’t seen
– the smell of skunks
– pet adoption days
– lemonade stands run by chittlins
– flash sales
– Martha Stewart’s dog collection
– meeting bloggers in real life
– line dancing…no seriously
– finding a really good eyeliner
– grand openings of anything
– getting snail mail
– really fresh beer
– steel guitars, banjos and live bands in general
– flying solo
– getting a twitter mention
– knowing a secret
– seeing lawns freshly cut or mulched
– nose kisses
– planning….especially vacations
– carnivals, I brake for carnivals
– homemade bread
– seeing older people holding hands
– singing greeting cards
– people who have lived in other countries
– the Star Spangled Banner
– all you can eat crab legs
– looking at anything nostalgic
– hometown pride
– float trips and camping
– Si Robertson
– when my garden grows
– Tim’s dimple
– catching a glimpse of a hummingbird
– the smell of sweat and sunscreen
– farms on rolling green hills
– my mom’s chicken and dumplings
– old gravel roads
– seeing oxymorons (ie: a guy in a suit skateboarding)
– tulips blooming
– when rap from the 90’s hits my speakers
– authentic squeaky hardwood floors
– when my sister says, “you were right”
– charity campaigns
– Cheez Its and mini Snickers together in my mouth as one
– street side vendors
– driving by our cities pool and watching kids scared to jump off the high dive
– skating rinks
– my dad’s laugh makes me giggle every time
– warm towels
– hearing hype about mermaids
– learning something new
– soft serve ice cream
– seeing chalk drawings
– clean sheets
– Amish people….no joke
– anything with the name “Bailey” on it
– making lists like this one
I have to stop myself because I really could go on for days and days. Tim’s list would probably just say: stuffed pork chops, baseball, family, done.
Can I help it if I find joy in dang near anything.
Are you easily excitable?
Do you like line dancing? I’ll do-si-do with ya.
What makes you giddy?
Things that make me giddy: your love for each other, when I pull up your site to leave a comment and see there are new pins, soft cookies, someone doing the dishes for me, and inspiring someone. I could go on for days. But let’s talk about yours… skunks? Really Christina?!? When your blog gets massively popular (like soon because you’re awesome) and you need to get a PO box, you better believe I’ll be filling that thing with snail lovemail.
Hahaha…yes for some reason everytime I smell a skunk I get all stupidly excited and start looking for it on the road and taking deep breaths! It’s so weird. I am not even sure I like the smell, I just like the detective work hahaha. I’m weird.
We have talked about getting a P.O. Box just because it feels so strange giving our address out to anyone, I watch a few too many crime shows!!!
This will make you happy- http://www.buzzfeed.com/popsugarloveandsex/10-diys-to-do-with-your-bridesmaids-bddp Time to get some servants…I mean bridesmaids!
Oh now that DOES make me happy!!! I need to start recruiting 🙂
Thanks for the link
i too, LOVE martha stewart’s dog collection (i just want to buy our little zoey everything in it!). and twitter mentions (don’t you feel super cool-popular-awesome?). and homemade bread , yum.
The worst part is her dog stuff can break you! I have spent so much dang money on protable dog food bags, sweaters, leashes, water bowls….like Martha please make something I don’t need or you will be taking over my house soon!!!