Every month we highlight all the things we have been loving.
You can find all of our previous months here.
Even though I am Christmas obsessed, I kept it pretty kosher for our favorites. 1. This time of year, my hair has a mind of it’s own. It seems like most products for hair get crunchy or weigh my hair down. The worst offense is when product make me look like a greaseball. Aveda’s Be Curly products give me the “oh my hair is naturally this perfect and I wake up with it looking like this of course” hair. I like effortless you know.
2. I got this nail polish in my Birchbox a couple months ago and I have been wearing the heck out of it. It looks like foil on your fingers and it is perfect for this time of year. That little bit of glitz you need when you can see your breath.
3. Matching gloves and scarves are like a weakness. How often do you get to wear functional accessories. I’m not kidding Joules always has something cute and bright to gawk over.
4. I bought this ring during a “Cute Stuff Sale” hosted by none other than my girl Roo. After a lot of post office drama, the owner of Proteales was so sweet and made sire I got this adorable little seashell on my finger. Her store is chock full of dainty jewels that make perfect gifts. I can’t wait to get a few more to stack along with my little shell.
5. I am a firm believer that snowboots can be totally adorable. I mean who wants wet shoes, and why wear those poofy lace-ups your mama used to strap on ya. I am loving the ribbon on the back of these wellies. I am thinking that could make a really awesome project for next weekend.
6. I am so utterly in love with these little peppermint kisses from Hershey. I could really eat them all day long. All. Day. Long.
1. Phosphates are one of the most important water parameters to check when monitoring your tank. This Phosphate checker makes life a whole heck of a lot easier and it is more accurate than most chemical tests.
2. Christina has me reading the book “One Second After” and don’t worry she is already writing a post to recommend it all to you. It is a great book, but it really gets you thinking about some unpleasant things. Like the world ending, so maybe wait until after the 21st to read it.
3. You guys already know how much I love mining shows and anything that shows on the History Channel, so it should come as no surprise that I already like this show after watching just one episode.
4. Check back to number two and you will understand why we just invested in “bug out bags” to be prepared for basic emergencies. We are on one of the largest fault lines and between the book and recent hurricanes we started a little food and water stockpile just to be on the safe side.
5. I got an LED flashlight from my awesome gal for Hanukkah. I had no idea how bright they were and the fact that they are super light and the bulbs last forever are really just bonuses. Go get you one.
What about you all…got any favorites for December we should know about?