It is Friday, the first Friday of June. June. As in the middle of the year, June.
Who do we talk to about slowing this whole “time” thing down. Another birthday is creeping up on me, and I haven’t even taken the Spring mantel decorations down.
This summer I promised Tim that we would slow things down, and spend more time at home. That is pretty easy for us in the summer because we are blessed with a pool. We finally have it opened and that greenish hue is just a memory now. In order to celebrate I thought I would show you one of my favorite Etsy shops.
Samantha French captures the essence of summer fun in her oil paintings.
If I could I would plaster waterproof versions of those all over our pool walls. The colors are so crisp and every single painting gets me giddy for cannonballs and mermaid games.
Ok, I need to get my head out of the summer-clouds…it’s still a little chilly yet.
So I will focus my attention on some of the coolest projects I have seen lately.
This looks like the perfect project for summer BBQ’s. It is very difficult to find a cute tablecloth, even harder to find one that won’t blow away with the slightest breeze. I think Jordan’s DIY striped tablecloth would also make a cute picnic blanket so it is kind of a win-win.
I am dying to make Design Sponge’s string art trellis. I love that they dyed the string prior to making it for that dash of summer color. I would feel so fancy with a trellis in my backyard and I am pretty sure it would force me to grow some lovely ivy or even grapes. That is it, it’s going on the list.
Did I mention I am ready for some swim time? So it is no wonder that Design Mom’s feature on a photographer taking photos of people swimming under crashing waves it caught my eye. Oh how I long for a beach. I think photo-projects are so interesting and most of the time I am left thinking, “how on earth did they come up with that idea”.
Are you doing anything fun this weekend?
Are you as excited as us for swim season?
Can you believe it is June, gahhhh.
With all this nice weather I’ve been craving the salt in my hair & sand in my toes.
Unfortunately, all I got around these parts is the Muddy Mississippi.
That doesn’t mean I can’t dream of sunshine by the sea and walk around the house in a swimsuit. Your welcome for that mental image.
I always play it really safe when it comes to swimsuits, especially since the great weight gain also known as college. Don’t believe me, check it.
This year, I am determined to step out of my comfort zone when I take a dip…maybe next year I’ll drop those fifty pounds. There are so many colorful and fun options, here are some of my favorites.
1. This might be the perfect way for me to spice it up. The dash of color layered over the sophisticated stripes is the perfect mix of quirky conservative. Just not sure about the whole “no straps on a busty lady” thang this suit has going on.
2. Ok, this might be a little more than I can handle this year but you have to assume I am always going to gravitate to anything nautical or sailor-esque. Wouldn’t you feel like a total pin-up strutting around the pool in this suit. Flip flops would not be acceptable, only sky high heels.
3. Can I help it if I love black? I can’t imagine the tan lines that this suit would leave once the suit hits the floor, but how funky fresh amiright. It is like spicing up the little black dress, only waterproof.
4. I am head over heels for this suit. It just feels like something I would see another girl wearing and think, “oh I love love love her style”.
5. Seahorses on a swimsuit….need I say more? If only I could pull off a white-ish suit.
6. This looks so very flattering and slightly nautical so of course it is a front runner in my books. I feel like I would be super comfortable in it and isn’t that the best feeling when you are half naked in front of strangers.
Now if you happen to be one of my hot, lean, toned and tanned friends (holler, I am jealous) then check out these cute suits. Ahhhh maybe next year…time to jump on the elliptical.
7. Oh how I adore all the color this teeny tiny suit packs on. Does it get any better than stripes and patterns and a top that can fly off with a strong breeze, didn’t think so.
8. Ummm hello I need you in my life. This whole swim suit just sings my name in a heavenly tune, it’s like they made it just for me to jump on my sailboat and frolic in. Can’t be more in love, nope no way.
9. I know that Emerald is the “it” color and what better way to rock it than in this suit. The thing I love about solid colored suits is that you can go crazy with accessories.
Have you spotted any stellar swimwear lately?
Would you believe T has more trunks than I have suits?
Any swimsuit workouts I should know about?