Are you all ready for Thanksgiving?
If you are one of the lucky ones that gets to attend instead of host this year make sure you show the little host some love.
Don’t show up empty-handed, because everyone loves a gift. My go-to gifts have always been a bottle of wine or a fall candle but I think I am going to step out of the box this season. Here are some of my ideas for all the great people slaving over deviled eggs for me this year.
1. Bringing something they can use right away is genius in my eyes. Check out this adorable butter knife that says “spread the love” because isn’t that what this time of year is all about.
2. If you are pretty close with the hostess and you know their favorite recipe, why not turn it into a gorgeous art print. Mom’s famous cookies….my sister would love this.
3. I can at least class up my usual bottle of wine by throwing it in a personalized wine koozie. Tim’s wine loving mama deserves one of these bad boys.
4. Tea towels are always a hit, and there are so many cute options. I’ll host all day long if I get cute tea towels.
5. Not just any plant, give them something to add some flavor to their kitchen. Grow your own spice kits are so cute you could eat them up.
6. I have a retro apron fetish. Enough said.
The best part about all of these gifts is that they are small businesses. Tim and I have vowed to only shop homemade and local for the holidays. I am off to a great start. Later today I will be sharing my homemade hostess gift, make sure to check back in.
What would you most like to receive if you are hosting?
I have two print from articipe in my kitchen- they are so cute and really are a great idea! 🙂 I’ll also be sporting my vintage apron during hosting duties tomorrow. woot woo!
Awww good! We are going to be remodeling our kitchen in the next couple years (hopefully) and when we do I really want some of those to be the kitchen art so I am putting them in my “do not forget file” haha.
Don’t aprons just make you feel like the queen of the kitchen, like you REALLY know what you are doing. I need that boost of confidence with how much I set off the smoke detectors!!! Good luck hosting 🙂
Pingback: Give your host something sweet…. | Homemade Ocean
Wine I love the WINE!!!!!!!!!
When are you hosting Thanksgiving…..Ill bring you a fancy bottle 🙂