This post was planned for the 15th, until the sickness brought me down. Thanks for all the well wishes, it made my day a little brighter. Kind of like Spring.
Spring makes Tim and I so excited, birds start singing and tulips start blooming. Sure I can’t see anything through my watery eyes and people look at me funny when I can’t stop sneezing but it is all worth it to see new life peeking out of my surroundings. Every year baby bunnies take up habitat in our back yard, so it would be impossible not to love this season even if I am an Allegra addict for a couple of months.
Allegra didn’t make our favorite things list, check back next month when we are knee-deep in pollen and mold.
I thought I would let my boyfran-man take the lead this time, just like salsa lessons.
1. Earlier this month Christina brought home a dog-approved birthday cake for our 12-year-old pit bull from Treats Unleashed. They were enamoured with the cake and then we introduced them to Cheeburger treats. They will do pretty much anything we ask to get their grubby little paws on those treats. Two paws way up from this family.
2. We used to use the pink Gain (look I am a guy, that is all I know) but a couple of weeks ago we picked up a new scent. Can we help it if we are always drawn to anything with “ocean” “sea” “nautical” or “beach” in the title. We really lucked out with Gain Ocean Escape, it smells amazing. Enough said.
3. I bought this Scott’s Sprayer a few years ago, and I bust it out every spring to spray our whole house for bugs without hand cramps. As a bonus I also use it to kill all our weeds. I just mix up my magic potions and spray away and since it is so easy, I am more likely to do it.
4. I bought Ocean Nutrition’s Formula One Flakes to feed in between our feedings so that our fish don’t starve to death. I am working on a post to show what goes into just feeding our tank….hint: it is a lot more than flake food. Our fish seem to like it and I feel good about diversifying their diet.
5. Christina enters blog giveaways like it is her job, most days she emails me links so I can enter also. We never win, until Lauren held a giveaway for Monorail Studios. You should have seen the chair dance when she found out she won, but then she did something totally unexpected. She gave me her prize. Expect to see that shirt real soon, she had ulterior motives.
1. My new go-to photo app is AfterLight. I love how easy it is to edit your photos, add cute filters and frames, and post to dang near all social mediums. I use it almost everyday so it was worth all 99 pennies.
2. At the beginning of this year I bought a five year diary. I love keeping journals, but never have “time” to write in them. This is so simple, one sentence every night. I can’t wait until five years down the road when I can look and see what I was doing on April 17th for the last few years. Sure I can’t get all “dear diary” in there but it is just enough to give the important snipits that I may otherwise forget.
3. What is Spring without an adorable umbrella. I always love Vera Bradleys patterns to brighten up a gloomy day.
4. Lately my cuticles have been putting up a fight, a dry crackly fight. After a tip from a local beauty queen, I have started putting cuticle oil on every night before bed. Since you don’t wash your hands and touch “stuff” all day it allows the oil to really soak in and do it’s job.
5. Be still my heart, have you ever seen a more perfectly charming shoe? Seriously, I can’t stop staring at the new Kate Spade line of Keds. I need every single pair, on my feet, at once.