With all this nice weather I’ve been craving the salt in my hair & sand in my toes.
Unfortunately, all I got around these parts is the Muddy Mississippi.
That doesn’t mean I can’t dream of sunshine by the sea and walk around the house in a swimsuit. Your welcome for that mental image.
I always play it really safe when it comes to swimsuits, especially since the great weight gain also known as college. Don’t believe me, check it.
This year, I am determined to step out of my comfort zone when I take a dip…maybe next year I’ll drop those fifty pounds. There are so many colorful and fun options, here are some of my favorites.
1. This might be the perfect way for me to spice it up. The dash of color layered over the sophisticated stripes is the perfect mix of quirky conservative. Just not sure about the whole “no straps on a busty lady” thang this suit has going on.
2. Ok, this might be a little more than I can handle this year but you have to assume I am always going to gravitate to anything nautical or sailor-esque. Wouldn’t you feel like a total pin-up strutting around the pool in this suit. Flip flops would not be acceptable, only sky high heels.
3. Can I help it if I love black? I can’t imagine the tan lines that this suit would leave once the suit hits the floor, but how funky fresh amiright. It is like spicing up the little black dress, only waterproof.
4. I am head over heels for this suit. It just feels like something I would see another girl wearing and think, “oh I love love love her style”.
5. Seahorses on a swimsuit….need I say more? If only I could pull off a white-ish suit.
6. This looks so very flattering and slightly nautical so of course it is a front runner in my books. I feel like I would be super comfortable in it and isn’t that the best feeling when you are half naked in front of strangers.
Now if you happen to be one of my hot, lean, toned and tanned friends (holler, I am jealous) then check out these cute suits. Ahhhh maybe next year…time to jump on the elliptical.
7. Oh how I adore all the color this teeny tiny suit packs on. Does it get any better than stripes and patterns and a top that can fly off with a strong breeze, didn’t think so.
8. Ummm hello I need you in my life. This whole swim suit just sings my name in a heavenly tune, it’s like they made it just for me to jump on my sailboat and frolic in. Can’t be more in love, nope no way.
9. I know that Emerald is the “it” color and what better way to rock it than in this suit. The thing I love about solid colored suits is that you can go crazy with accessories.
Have you spotted any stellar swimwear lately?
Would you believe T has more trunks than I have suits?
Any swimsuit workouts I should know about?
Pathetically, I cannot even remember what my swimsuit looks like. I freakin love #4!!! I actually think all of those are way cooler than the bikinis.
Reason #3948 I should move to STL: we could workout together and get hot beach bods. Even though I don’t like the beach. haha.
I have a lot of swimsuits, but a lot of them don’t fit anymore (whomp whomp whomp) but the only one I can remember is that black one because I wore it so much! I think one pieces are making a come back!!!
Reason #3949 you should move…we have a pool and no beach in sight! And I am down for reason 3948 (Tim would probably appreciate it to hahaha)
You have a pool?! And the best boyfriend, and fishies and puppies, and Beatrice. Dang, you have it all. Livin the life, ladyfriend! 🙂
Hahaha…yes a SALTWATER pool! We are gonna take baby Fajita swimming this year (just kidding because that would kill him haha). Ohhh Beatrice…poor Beatrice…I need to do an update! Perhaps tomorrow 🙂
You have to check out these suits. At Walmart of all places. Look at the reviews too, some even have pictures, they’re pretty flattering to all body types. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Catalina-Suddenly-Slim-Women-s-Shirred-Halter-Swimsuit/17804485
Annnnnd there’s a nautical one! 🙂
Ohhh I am on it. I usually find suits I like at Target and Old Navy too, but when I looked online I only found like one that I liked. Maybe I just have to get off my butt and go to the actual store haha!
I love swimsuits, I buy a new one or two each year (mostly before the season and I can’t resist the end of season clearance). I’m always in the water or in the sun so they get plenty of use. Anywho, I’m drooling over #3 and I’m not afraid of no weird tan lines haha.
Ohhh I thought you might like that one! You know, it’s black…and we both are majorly obsessed 🙂
I can never find anything I like at clearance time. If I like it it doesn’t fit or doesn’t have a matching bottom or something crazy!!! Glad you have better luck haha
I got the same one piece as you did this year except mine is purple. Gotta hide those baby baring stretch marks
Yes, and it shows off the cleavage nicely….you know if you are gonna be all covered up you gotta add some sort of sex appeal right 🙂
Exactly …makes my tatas look fantastic!
PS we are buying way too many similar clothes …I think this means I miss you
Great minds think alike 🙂 It is like we are sending fashion waves to each other haha….ps I am wearing my green pants!
Yep black is where it’s at haha.
I get around the mis match by buying solid colors for the bottom like black, white, yellow, brown, etc. then matching them with different tops with at least onf of those colors in. I mix and match all the time.
Thats what I do too 🙂 I actually like the solid bottoms better…makes it unique ya know 🙂 I think I only have one full matchy suit.
So I was surfing for inspirational images for todays post and came across this fun vintage ‘pinup’ swimsuit and thought of you and suit #6. Red polkadot with a ruffle = beautiful.
Oh la la!!! I need to buy that up ASAP 🙂
So in love with #4, but not gonna work on this girl. But #2 and #6 almost make the giant bust and curves seem like they’re on purpose and part of the look!!
Yea, I keep thinking about number 4 but then I think…what if a jelly roll starts peeking out of that cutout hahah!!! So I don’t think it will work for me! It is sooo had to find a good supportive suit when you are working with a lot on top 🙂
I happen to really like your current bathing suit (the black one) I think one pieces are super sexy if its the right style! I tend to keep my solid bottoms and mix my tops if I go the two-piece route. I’ve been a tankini girl for years, but lately I’ve been showing some more skin lately and bought a few true bikini tops. (I am sure most people prefer I don’t do this Ha!) I was able to snag an awesome bottom last year at Old Navy that had a little fold and it creates a little band that covers up my mommy tummy, it makes me so much more comfortable even considering a real two piece. If I knew how much I love this bottom (and how hard it is to find ones that make me feel comfortable) I would have bought one in every color/style.
Isn’t that funny how you can find that one piece that just works for you in every way! I do that sometimes with shirts and people are like, “dont you have that in blue too…and orange, and pink” and then I am all, “it hides the jiggle okay, get off me” just kidding (kind of).
I love Old Navy’s suits, they have always been my go-to because they are pretty dang cheap so I don’t feel bad if I ruin them. Plus there are infinite possabilities once you get to mixing and matching!
I try bikinis when I am at home, but I still get really uncomfortable…this year I am trying to change that. Water aerobics here I come 🙂
Well I’m certainly ready for the weather that works well with swimsuits but not so sure if I’m actually ready to wear one… Lol. Love the ones you picked though!!
I am not either! I gotta get on that treadmill!!!!
swimsuit shopping is one of my least favourite things ever….and this year I am in the market for a maternity suit that isn’t super frumpy…can’t wait to be 8 months pregnant trying to cram myself into one. I love the one you currently have and your potentials are also quite fab!
Yea it is not the best feeling staring at my thunder thighs haha!!! Awww pregnant girls are the cutest 🙂 CONGRATS