For anyone new on the block, we do a little collection of our favorite things in the middle of every month.
1. So they sucked me in by telling me that someone hits it big. It is that little explorer in all of us that makes me want to sell everything and drag Christina to Alaska. Until I can convince her that she can befriend that furniture builder blogger (geesshh he is talking about Ana White y’all…the disrespect…sorry Ana) then I will just have to pull for Parker.
2. We actually just bought this Sigma 10-20mm lens and in the two weeks we have had it, I think I’ve used it everyday. It has given us so much more freedom with it’s super wide lens so that we can include more in our pictures. Christina says, “she is thankful not to have to stand so far away”.
3. I actually just found hootsuite.com through John and Sherry’s blogiversary post. It manages all of your social media in one place so that you don’t miss a tweet or mention. One of those things that once you have it you think, “how did I ever survive with out this?”
4. Thanks to my girlfriend draggin me up to Chicago at all hours of the night for this trip, I have found a new store. West Elm put on such a great event for the Young House Love Book Tour. The people were awesome but the real showstopper was all the cool stuff. The products they sell are “pretty” enough for ladies to fawn over them and “cool” enough for guys to actually like. As opposed to a lot of floral towels we almost came home with from other stores, West Elm had a lot of really awesome things that I would have gladly taken home. Like this fox ornament.
5. I know I am jumping on a rather old bandwagon, but I finally got on Twitter. This is for all of my friends that think it is silly, it is like an all-of-your-favorite-things news station. If you like sports, then it can be all sports updates. Gamers can find out when there are new releases. I can find the sweet corals and deals on lights. You follow who you want so it is all things that interest you. Pretty great concept if you ask me.
6. Oh man, I saw a commercial for an Orange Julius and it is all I can think about lately. Christina said she is finding a homemade recipe on Pinterest and I can’t wait. Orange Julius’ for everyone.
1. Tis the season….for bringing your famous dish. So I say do it with syle. These adorable casserole warmers are so cute and if you are a really good friend I think they make an awesome hostess gift.
2. I can not get enough of all things peppermint. Peppermint hot chocolate, peppermint candy canes, peppermint bark. I love it all, it really gets me in the holiday spirit. Yes, I am already putting on the pressure to get our tree and lights up. On top of being oh so tasty, I think this packaging from Williams Sonoma is super vintage and sweet.
3. I know most people love summer, but I love pretty coats. So by default I have to like the colder months. This lovely mustard coat is a steal and I imagine all the possibilities of jazzing it up with scarfs and mittens. Imagine throwing this on with boots, you don’t even have to brush your hair because you already look fashionable.
4. Like I said, tis the season. You will inevitably have leftovers. Instead of giving out your good Tupperware and hoping for it back, or wrapping leftovers in foil…why not give them to your guests in these cute little containers by Think Garnish.
5. You knew this would make the list, right? I am emersed right this very minute in the words and projects of the Petersiks. Go get a copy, you won’t regret it.
What are your November needs? Do you love you some riding boots? Can’t get enough of that pumpkin candle? I love hearing about new stuff so lay it on me.