It’s that time again…for us to round up all of our favorite things. If only we could give them away to everyone. “You get a boat, and you get a boat, and YOU get a boat”. Maybe one day.
Say wasssup to my favorite things. Feel free to stick your tongue out and shake. 1. You already know all about my trip to Haven. Clearly that is the highlight of my August…I am already counting down to next year. Now I can officially call myself a Haven Maven, and I like it. In fact that may be my first borns name.
2. When I was preparing for the conference I knew I would get sweaty (if we talked and I was glistening, I am sorry it’s just who I am). Then I worried makeup would just melt off my face and I would never make any friends. Upon a tip from Cara, I bought this primer from Benefit. In love. I did indeed sweat, but this primer held its ground right there on my face. I was warned from the Ulta girls that it can clog your pores and make you break out, so there is that if you don’t wash your face on the regular. Which I don’t….so when I am cursing breakouts remind me of this convo.
3. Just go to weddinggawker.com today, and try to spend less than five minutes on that site. It was hailed as the “Pinterest just for weddings” so I avoided it like the plague until there was a ring on it. Now it’s a different story, if only I had more hours in a day.
4. I have been really wanting to start rocking the head scarf. Particularly on days when maybe shampoo (even of the dry variety) didn’t make it onto my head. I have watched some videos on how to make it look effortless, but I always think they look funny on my head. Maybe I will order this one and try again.
5. I guess it is a good thing that I am obsessed with our new business cards. It sure would be a shame if I wasn’t. Thanks to Moo.com for always keeping it classy.
6. Remember when I threw up the great bag debate on Facebook? Well, I mixed it up and blended my favorite bag and my favorite color and got the Missy Mint. So far I am really digging it, super functional and lots of compliments come my way when I sport it. Get you one. 1. I am not a country fan. At least I wasn’t until Christina reset my presets. Now I find myself wandering over to our local stations and singing along. One of my favorite songs right now is Round Here from Florida Georgia Line, and Christina laughs every time it comes on because I can sing every word.
1.5 The shows above are just a few of my favorites that sucked me in while my fiancé was partying it up in Atlanta. I will admit I am sometimes a reality junkie, which you should know since I already talk about Duck Dynasty and Ink Master and etcetera and so on.
2. Recently, I bought a few banana plants and while at the local nursery I picked up some of this stuff. Which is probably why our plants turned into monsters. They are growing like crazy, which makes me proud of my ladies gardening skills and happy I spent the money on plant food.
3. Is there anything that says “late-summer” like sunflower seeds? Nope, there’s not. Fun fact: I actually used sunflower seeds to quit smoking five years ago. Instead of reaching for a smoke, I grabbed a couple of sunflower seeds and broke the habit cold turkey. Best decision I ever made.
4. I had heard talk about ASAP Utilities from Christina and her co-workers but always just thought I would have no use for it. If you use Microsoft Excel on the regular then you should go download the free trial and just play around. It’s basically shortcuts for all the tedious things you do in Excel. Just try it, you will thank us later I promise.
5. This was part of the Haven swag that my girl brought home for me. I swear it was like Christmas in her suitcase when she got back. I have been playing around with the Kreg Jig and can’t wait to tackle a big project. Wish we would have had one of these when we built the planters.
What are some of your favorites?
What are your favorite shows?
Do you get sweaty when you get excited?