May is not one of my favorite months.
No crazy holiday to pretty up the mantel for. Awkward weather. Allergies taking over my life. A general yearning for my birth month and overall feeling of impatience.
I think it is always around this time where I realize, “holy bageesh the year is flying by me” and “I guess my New Years resolutions are pretty much kaput”.
Can you turn May around for me? Help me look on the bright side of May?
Here are a few bright spots I found this month.
1. My impatience to get to summer is helped along by immersing myself with sunshiney smells. I love Bath & Body Works summer collections which I buy on sale in fall. Forgive my “so-last-season” scents but right now my favorites are Coconut Water and Frosted Tangerine Cake. They smell like suntan lotion and heaven, a deadly combination.
2. There isn’t a whole lot I like more than a good furniture makeover. No one has mastered gorgeous renovations quite like Barb Blair, and now she is sharing the goodness in her new book. I am most definitely using jazz hands while I flip through the pages it is just that good.
3. This is the epitome of summer for me. My mom used to slather it on us as a “bug spray” while we were chittlins and now anytime I smell it I am immediately transported to picnics and outdoor concerts and float trips. Skin So Soft is pretty much my summertime perfume. Don’t judge me for kicking it old school.
4. Whitney from I Wore Yoga Pants introduced me to the great KiKi LaRue. I am not sure if I should thank her or kick her in the shins (out of love obviously) for my bank account troubles I am bound to have in the near future. Cute stuff, for reasonable prices….what more does a girl need?
5. I happened across Maiedae after happening across Jenny Highsmith. I fell hard and fast for their blogs and designs. I may or may not even be getting a blog redesign as we
6. Thanks to happening upon Maiedae, I happened upon the Maiedae Mixer. I couldn’t be more excited to take a roadtrip with Trisha of Black & White Obsession to mingle with all the fanciness this event is sure to offer. I am counting down the days and desperately trying to find an “ethereal outfit”. Help!
1. I am really picky about my socks. As in these are the only socks I will wear. They never look dirty, and the “grip” on the middle makes it so you never have sock-bunching at the toe, plus they always stay dry.
2. I have never put much thought into business cards, until my girlfriend started asking a ton of questions. What sheen? What thickness? Do you want a photo on it? How about a QR code? This is like the accessory of running a business. Thank goodness Moo.com makes it so easy and all of their products are high quality. We just got our first set in and Christina is already matching handbags and drawing up plans for business card holders.
3. We have been outside a lot lately. I always like to make sure my skin is protected so I don’t turn into leather. I have seen those old ladies who tan too much, it is not pretty. This sunscreen stays put and is easy to apply, perfect for guys. Protect your skin friends.
4. Want to feel old? Seinfeld’s series finale was fifteen years ago as of yesterday. Luckily, I can still follow @Seinfeldtoday.
5. I am trying really hard to drink less sugar and more water. I hate water. Enter Mio. It’s great light flavor makes boring water more bearable even if Tracy Morgan is not.
6. Ahhhh The Bagster. My homie for life. A great investment. I will be posting all about it tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Is May your favorite month?
Found anything fantastic lately?
How do I dress ethereal, fo real?